David’s father just drove over a thousand miles to bring us the dollhouse David’s maternal great-grandfather made for David’s grandmother when she was a little girl in the 1930s.
We have a fun decorating project ahead of us! We need to paint, decorate and furnish the dollhouse for our daughter.
Look at those molding details! What a beautiful dollhouse.
In preparing for this project, we found some adorable dollhouses on the internet to inspire our decorating efforts.
1. SmithWorld! (source for Japanesse Miniatures)
2. Mini Handmade Atelier (view all her handmade dollhouse miniatures posts here)
3. A Mousehouse Dollhouse (with many DIY tips)
4. Sarah Jane’s Dollhouse (featuring her line of fabric re-purposed as wallpaper)
5. My Little Pink Bakery (her Etsy shop contains miniature food)
6. Sweet P’s Dollhouse (with several DIY project tips)
Let the Dollhouse Redux project begin!
(images obtained via Pinterest)